Current medical practice
1975-1981 – studied at Dnipropetrovsk Medical Institute, Faculty of «General medicine».
1981-1982 – internship based on Clinical Hospital No. 8, Kryvyi Rih.
1986-1988 – clinical medical residency «Internal Diseases» on the basis of Dnepropetrovsk Medical Institute.
1991 – advanced course «Clinical cardiology» on the basis of the Centre of the postgraduate institute of the Order of Lenin, Moscow.
1993 - two-month training «Marketing and Management in Healthcare» at the sub-department of Public health organization of Dnepropetrovsk Medical Institute.
1993 – advanced course «Cardiology» at the Department of Cardiology and Functional Diagnostics of the Clinical Institute of Postgraduate Education n. a. P.L. Shupik, Kyiv.
1997 – pre-certification advanced course in cardiology at the Faculty of Postgraduate Education of Dnepropetrovsk Medical Academy.
1997 – advanced course «Actual questions of clinical cardiosurgery» on the basis of Kiev Medical Academy of Postgraduate Education.
2001 – «Optimal methods of diagnostics and prophylaxis of arterial hypertension» on the basis of the Institute of Cardiology n.a. academician M.D. Strazhesko, Kyiv.
2002 - pre-certification advanced course in cardiology at the Faculty of Postgraduate Education on the basis of Dnipropetrovsk Medical Academy.
2007 - pre-certification advanced course in cardiology on the basis of the National Academy of Postgraduate Education n. a. P. L. Shupik with the following confirmation of the highest category, Kyiv.
2013 - pre-certification advanced course in cardiology on the basis of the National Academy of Postgraduate Education n.a. P.L. Shupik with the following confirmation of the highest category, Kyiv.
2014 - specialization in the field of «Organization and management of public health care».
1990-1991 - Senior Researcher at the Department of Cardiology of the Republican Scientific Research Institute of medical expertise of working capacity, Dnipropetrovsk.
During these years, the doctor was working on the scientific work «Rational employment of patients who suffered an acute myocardial infarction at metallurgical enterprises» and successfully completed it. Dr. Natalia was participating in the commission on the resolution of the issue of incapacity of patients with cardiovascular system diseases.
From 1991 to 2003 Nataliia Tsyhankova was heading the cardiology department of the city clinical hospital №9, Dnipropetrovsk. Her duties included:
- organization of work of the cardiological unit, designed for 60 beds;
- treatment of patients with cardiological diseases (coronary heart disease, hypertension, acute myocarditis, cardiomyopathy) under urgent and planned hospitalization;
- advisory assistance at the department for treatment of diphtheria at infectious disease public hospital in Dnipropetrovsk.
2003-2011 - Head of the Center of Chronic Ischemic Heart Disease and Cardiac Rehabilitation at Feofania Clinical Hospital. Main responsibilities were:
- organization of work of the cardiology department, designed for 40 beds;
- diagnosis and treatment of acute coronary syndrome, hypertensive crises, paroxysmal disturbance of rhythm, conduction and excitability;
- preparation of patients for the coronary angiogram, balonoplasty, and coronary stenting, coronary artery bypass surgery, replacement of heart valves, installation of cardiac pacemakers;
- early rehabilitation of patients after acute coronary syndrome, acute myocardial infarction, postoperative patients (valve replacement, coronary artery bypass surgery, coronary artery stenting, installation of cardiac pacemakers);
- advisory assistance to surgical patients (gynecology, general surgery, vascular surgery, thoracic surgery, neurosurgery, ophthalmology) at the pre- and postoperative phase.
2011-2015 - Cardiologist at the sanatorium «Koncha Zaspa». Key medical practice: rehabilitation of patients after acute coronary syndrome, acute myocardial infarction, postoperative patients (valve replacement, coronary artery bypass surgery, coronary artery stenting, installation of cardiac pacemakers.
Lecturer on the prevention of cardiovascular diseases.
The doctor's credo
«The important thing in medicine and first and foremost in cardiology is primary prevention. Two thirds of the success in preventing cardiovascular diseases depend on prophylaxis and one third - on the modernity of the applied methods of treatment».
Ukrainian, Russian, English - fluent.